Yesterday A. and I decorated for St. Patrick's Day. On February 21st? You betcha!! And there's more decorating to come. We haven't even started on the poster-sized shamrocks and I'm still searching for window hangings.
St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday for many, many reasons. I have chosen to share them with you, dear readers, in what I am calling the St. Patrick's Day Marathon. I will be posting a series of photos, memories, and tidbits of information, all revolving around St. Patrick's Day.
What is St. Patrick's Day?
St. Patrick's Day is a religious holiday celebrated internationally on March 17. It is named after Saint Patrick, the most commonly recognized of the patron saints of Ireland. Originally a Catholic holiday, it became an official feast day in the early 17th century, and over time has become more of a secular celebration of Irish culture.
I'm looking forward to this. I'm aware of your fondness for the holiday, but don't entirely feel like I know the ins and outs of it.
ReplyDelete