A few weeks ago I got a slow cooker as a gift from my amazing boyfriend. So far, only a few meals have been made in it, mainly because I have a hard time remembering to plan my meals a day in advance. But the first meal I made is still my favorite: meatloaf.
I know meatloaf is not for everyone, but I absolutely love it. And the recipe I used made enough for two meals, which gave me lunch the next day.
I used the slow cooker yesterday too, so that I could spend the maximum amount of time enjoying my snow day. My daughter and I baked bread and cookies and went outside to catch snowflakes on our tongues. The snow was falling pretty heavily at one point, and the flakes were big-- perfect for catching. And yes, we had dinner by candlelight. It wasn't romantic, or even necessary, but it was fun, and sometimes it's nice to do things just for that.
Today was more heavily focused on my thesis, though I can't say I'm as far along as I want to be. I've got 24 days to make it work. So, it's back to work for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my snow days, and would not be at all upset if another one came my way. There's something to be said for staying home.
No comments:
Post a Comment