19.1.11

Crockpots and Superheroes

Last night as we were driving home, my daughter told me I was a "superhero mom", which meant I got to help her fight off the ghost that kept calling and scaring her. As she and I scared off an imaginary ghost, I was feeling pleased with myself for getting elevated to 'superhero' status. I know I thought my mom was a superhero when I was four, and I'm glad that, despite my busy schedule and me feeling like I never get to spend as much time with my kid as I'd like, she still thinks I'm great.

This morning brought another pleasant surprise, as UPS delivered a misleadingly gigantic box to my door --a surprise from David: a crockpot!! So I've been searching for recipes and websites with crockpot recipes. I found this one: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
It looks yummy, and the recipes look as though they could be easily modified to feed less people (always good). And I'm totally making some gumbo. However, I'm open to more suggestions if anyone has a crockpot website or recipe to share. 

2 comments:

  1. Me too, but my comment isn't nearly as cute as when David says that. :) Nevertheless, I hear that crockpots are quite the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete