19.6.11

Dad

In honor of Father's Day, I've decided to list three things I really love about my dad. 1) His ability to laugh at himself. My dad has the misfortune of being teased by all of us kids for various and sundry reasons. And he's always such a great sport about it, not only putting up with it, but even laughing with us. I feel like laughing at yourself is not easy. Maybe that's because I struggle with it, but I feel like I'm not the only one. 2) His ability to teach himself new things. When I was in upper elementary school and middle school, my dad taught himself French. He got a computer program and worked on it in his free time, and when we went to Paris together, he was mistaken for a native speaker. After that, he taught himself to draw with pastels. He started making copies of pictures in art books, and has since had art auctioned off at the big art festival in town. 3) The way he plays himself down, and others up. 'Nuff said. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment